Re: Ancient BSD's Licensing & Trademarks when porting and/or forking V7 and/ or 2.x - 4.x BSD's

Have a look here:
http://wiki.tuhs.org/doku.php?id=events:free_licenses
In particular note that in 2002 the copyright owner made the old V7 code
and 32V Unix code available as open source with a BSD-like license.

While 3BSD was derived from 32V, it also included a lot of other code
that was copyright separately (or simply ownership details were lost).
You can not assume the 2002 license applies to the non-32V code.

3BSD was not under any type of open source BSD license. It was
proprietary code. A decade later huge portions were rewritten or
relicensed using the then new BSD licensing. (There were multiple
revisions of the BSD license even back then.) So in other words, it
would be difficult and possibly wrong to use 3BSD using a current BSD
license. They don't match up. Then again, it probably doesn't matter.

By the way, I am curious, why 3BSD? (3BSD doesn't have IP/TCP for
example and has very limited supported hardware.) There are somewhat
maintained continuations or forks for 2.11BSD and 4.3BSD-Tahoe (like
"Quasijarus").

(Someday, hopefully soon, I will finish my lengthy book all about this.)