Re: running a logitech quickcam 4000 on a netbsd raspberry pi

Hi,

From: Marina Brown <marina%e271.net@localhost>, Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 18:39:02 -0500

> On 02/06/2016 05:30 AM, Michael van Elst wrote:
>> kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost (Robert Elz) writes:
>>
>>> So I guess that the logitech quickcam must not be a uvideo type device.
>>
>> Google found http://home.384.jp/takam/bsd/NetBSD.html
>>
>> describing the various pre-uvideo cameras and apparently someone
>> got them to work in NetBSD-1.6 times.
>>
>  Would adding
>
> # Video capture devices
>
> auvitek* at uhub?                       # Auvitek AU0828 USB TV
> coram*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # Conexant CX23885 PCI-E TV
> cxdtv*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # Conexant CX2388[0-3] PCI TV
> emdtv*  at uhub?                        # Empia EM28xx USB TV
> cir*    at emdtv?
> pseye*  at uhub?                        # Sony PLAYSTATION(R) Eye webcam
> uvideo* at uhub?                        # USB Video Class capture devices
>
> video*  at videobus?                    # Analog capture interface
> dtv*    at dtvbus?                      # Digital capture interface
>

> Which i found in i386 Generic help ?

I have some pre USB video class webcams and I had tried to write
device driver for them.
However the webcams uses USB isochronous transfer and they requires
transaction translator support for USB 2.0.
As far as I understand correctly, NetBSD EHCI has no transaction translator
support yet.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3