running a logitech quickcam 4000 on a netbsd raspberry pi

Hi All:

I am setting up a controller for my chicken coop - so far i have my
netbsd raspberry pi controlling a relay that will control lights and the
door. I'm having a lot of trouble with the cam.

The cam is a qickcam pro 4000 VUJ16 confirmed to work on windows (we
fished it out of a junk pile)

My raspberry pi is running

NetBSD chickencoop 7.0.0_PATCH NetBSD 7.0.0_PATCH (RPI.201601100500Z) evbarm

I have tried various incantations to get video output but it seems that
the kernel may not have support for the cams - i might need pointers on
how to x compile a kernel with the right driver.

I've tried This so far:

chickencoop$ sudo mpv --cache=no tv://
Playing: tv://
[tv] Selected driver: v4l2
[tv]  name: Video 4 Linux 2 input
[tv] unable to open '/dev/video0': Device not configured
[tv] ioctl set mute failed: Bad file descriptor
[tv] 0 frames successfully processed, 0 frames dropped.
Failed to recognize file format.

Exiting... (Errors when loading file)