Interesting new hardware that works in 7.0

[Tandberg RDX Removable drive - USB 3.0 model 8666-RDX]
http://www.tandbergdata.com/us/index.cfm/products/removable-disk/rdx-quikstor/

I got a this drive for backups. It's basically a rig where they encapsulate SATA 2.5" drives in a hardened case and treat them in a hybrid fashion between tape and disk. The drive itself shows up as a standard USB mass storage device (I got the USB version; there is a SATA version). I get about 14 MB/s write speeds with 'dbench -t 30 16' which is a bit low, but the read speeds are usually between 90-100 MB/s. It really depends on the 'cartridge' (think drop-hardened case around a SATA drive) that you use. If you use an SSD one, you obviously get faster results. They go up to 2TB so far. I did a cheer when "eject sd0" resulted in a motorized eject of the 'cartridge' (ie.. the SCSI enclosure services thingy is working). UFS + logging on drive worked great.

Radeon 290X
http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Version-PCI-Express-Graphics-11226-00-40G/dp/B00HJOKARI

It works! It's fast! I can reboot off a different drive (or dual boot) and play games with it, then reboot and run X11 in gloriously fast native mode. I get a gtkperf score of 1.6 seconds !!! ie.. the 2D is wicked fast. The framebuffer console loads automatically even when booting from a 7.0 CDROM. I've waited for years to have a NetBSD rig that I could dual purpose like this... way to go 7.0...

-Swift