RC5 is a patented algorithm; link against libcrypto_rc5

Here my message with a new subject for people who had problems with the previous subject...

I'm trying to compile my c program that uses mysql. I have used the output of "mysql_config --libs" to link with, which results in:

CFLAGS=-I. -O2 -static -L/usr/lib -I/usr/pkg/include/mysql -DUSE_OLD_FUNCTIONS -D__STDC_FORMAT_
MACROS=1 -fPIC -DPIC -I/usr/pkg/include -g -fabi-version=2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-
aliasing

LDFLAGS=-lc -L/usr/pkg/lib -lmysqlclient -lpthread -lz -lm -lssl -lcrypto

However, I receive the following warning:

rc5_ecb.c:(.text+0x60): warning: RC5 is a patented algorithm; link against libcrypto_rc5

I have not compiled openssl with rc5 support, so I don't understand why I get this warning.
I'm unsure if this warning can be ignored or not, my program seems to run fine, but I have a bad feeling about it.

Can anybody explain if I can fix this, or can we simply no longer write c programs that use mysql on NetBSD 7.0?

Any help would be appriciated.