Re: Beating a dead horse

    Date:        Thu, 26 Nov 2015 23:59:32 +0000 (UTC)
    From:        mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst)

  | That's the responsibility of the upper layers. FFS will only do
  | fragment size I/O (+ 8k I/O for the superblock).

But how does the upper layer know what it is supposed to do if the
information has been buried?   FFS won't (or shouldn't) allow frag
sizes smaller than the sector size, but in order to do that it has to
be told the correct sector size.   If the underlying pseudo-device lies
to it, the upper layers cannot possibly do the correct thing.

All you can hope for is that the user knows what the issues are, and
manually makes things right .. and that's a recipe for disaster.

kre