Re: DSL/PPPoE reconnect

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 09:22:01 +0000, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 10:03:33PM +0100, Andreas Krey wrote:
> > Why (and since when) does pppoe do reset the UP flag,
> > and what I am supposed to do to avoid that?
>
> It only does that after failing to connect to the access concentrator due
> to authentication issues.

I can try with max_auth_failures, but didn't it ignore
that completely when max_auth_failures is zero?

I'm setting max-auth-failure=17, let's see what happens.

(On the old box it was zero, and it worked on this line,
but that was NetBSD 5.something.)

> If it works on manual "ifconfig up" (without any further changes) your
> provider probably had an internal temporary failure.

It happens after the 24h disconnect, reproducibly. Also with the t-online
account previously as well as with my internet provider currently.

> This behaviour should be configurable (or disabled automatically after a
> connection has been established and authenticated once and no config
> changes happend).

'should' as in 'is not', I guess? Anyway, thanks for the response.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>