Re: How does one switch between acpiout?

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015, John Klos wrote:
man xrandr. Also read this:
http://divby0.blogspot.com/2008/12/switching-monitors-with-xrandr.html
That's for X and doesn't handle anything which has to do with the console output.

Ah, sorry about that. I didn't pay close enough attention. I assume you are looking for something akin to 'fbset' on Linux for NetBSD. AFAIK, there is no such beast.

Just poking around in acpi_display.c around line 1094 it looks like that's the only reference to the "bios_switch" flag. It's likely that the feature isn't fully implemented, but I don't know my way around that code well enough to say for sure. Right now, it just looks like the flag is available as a sysctl, but isn't really being honored. The sysctl_createv() just makes the entry, but no corresponding sysctl_lookup(), sysctl_query(), or sysctl_locate() to go with it anywhere that I can see. There are a zillion things I could have missed, though.

All this exciting/cool graphics code is pretty new in NetBSD. Give it some time and I expect you'll see things get fleshed out. I for one am just thrilled that NetBSD completely works on _many_ more machines than it did before, graphics-wise. I used to have to build machines custom just to make sure they'd work (with some painful choices involved). Now, just about anything works.

-Swift