Re: isapnp(4) - how does it work on non-PnP machines?

In article <564A12AD.3040908%gmail.com@localhost>,
Felix Deichmann  <m4j0rd0m0%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>Am 16.11.2015 um 17:11 schrieb Christos Zoulas:
>>> Can I also specify resources *not* to use somehow, like for devices
>>> not supported by a driver?
>>
>> I don't think so. I never added this feature.
>
>Can you give pointers on how such a facility could/should look like to
>pass this info to the kernel (best practice, similar code)?
>
>Would it be an idea in the meantime to hack up a fake/dummy driver to
>occupy the resources in question, but do nothing else? Or just take it
>in the kernel config file somehow?

I think that you could either modify the isapnp driver not to allocate,
or the specific driver to free the ones it does not use, or creater
an isa driver that just occupies the resources. But why? Why does it
matter? What else is going to use them?

christos