Re: NetBSD as first introduction to BSD and generic book recommendation on basic Unix concepts to le

herb langhans wrote:
> you come from the Windows world. If you want to
> start with the Unix basics, try something short
> like O'Reilly - Learning the Unix Operating
> System (about 170 pages).

Thank you for the recommendations, re book, etc!

Oh, let me not forget! Do you - anybody - know of a good MOOC (Massive Open Online Course, oh actually there is a website called that as well: http://www.thegoodmooc.com/ ) covering the same topic, basic Unix concepts? I prefer the MOOC format if available; it's 2015 already.

I have found these so far along the lines:

https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-linux-linuxfoundationx-lfs101x-2

http://www.lynda.com/Mac-OS-X-10-6-tutorials/Unix-for-Mac-OS-X-Users/78546-2.html

https://www.udacity.com/course/introduction-to-operating-systems--ud923

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-828-operating-system-engineering-fall-2012/

Not sure if any of them is a perfect match for me.

Brett Lymn wrote:
>> Ps. This list uses Majordomo, which does not
>> support vacation hold mail:
>> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/26849
>> /does-majordomo-support-no-mail-delivery-
>> subscription So why?
>
> A fairly odd question considering you are using a
> disposable mail account.

What else to do for Majordomo?