Re: NetBSD as first introduction to BSD and generic book recommendation on basic Unix concepts to learn?

On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 03:51:33PM +0100, Joseph wrote:

> less problem to worry about. (Oh, and now I'm in
> the market of a new, modern laptop and I don't want
> to start with stupid compromises already.)

I hate to disabuse you but modern laptops and the support thereof is
always problematic.  Drivers for some parts, particularly accelerated
displays and wireless networking are difficult to write so support may
be lacking in some instances.

> Or, should I really start with FreeBSD (and the hardware issues)?

That is entirely up to you.