Re: nspluginwrapper and libflashsupport updates for adobe-flash-plugin

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 06:40:47PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 04:17:16PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> > With libflashsuppot (for OSS), playing flash on NetBSD/amd64 is
> > much more stable than with previous nspluginwrapper-1.2.2 with
> > suse32 compat packages and COMPAT_LINUX32 emulations.
>
> On NetBSD 7.0 i386 with latest firefox and adobe-flash-plugin, I am not
> able to get sound.
>
> uname -a
> NetBSD laptop 7.0 NetBSD 7.0 (MYKERNEL) #1: Tue Oct 13 17:16:58 IST 2015
> root@laptop:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/MYKERNEL i386 i386 Intel
> 686-class NetBSD
>
> I upgraded firefox and adobe-flash-plugin to, using pkgsrc-current:
>
> firefox-41.0.2
> adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.540nb1
>
> I did not set any specific pkgsrc options.
>
> Which flash plugin version or any other package is needed to get sound
> work again?

I had the same problem and found that starting up dbus and avahidaemon
solved it.  With older versions of Firefox, this wasn't necessary.
I'd be interested to see if there are other solutions to this, since
I'd rather not run dbus/avahi.

--
Roy Bixler <rcbixler%nyx.net@localhost>
"The fundamental principle of science, the definition almost, is this: the