crash on fsck_root without swap

Hi,

I'm running NetBSD/sandpoint 7.0 on a Synology NAS with 64 MB RAM and
stupidly configured a Terabyte root partition. As as result, when I need to
do an fsck on that partition, the system runs out of memory.

Before repartitioning and reinstalling the whole system I had the idea to
make /etc/rc.d/fsck_root depend on localswap (/etc/rc.d/swap1). It works
fine when I do "swapctl -A -t blk" manually before fsck.

Unfortunately /etc/rc.d/swap1 depends on the root file system being fsck'd
and mounted as read-write. Why?

--
Frank Wille