bmake and interactive processes

Hello all - I've been a long time user of bmake/pmake for various
tasks and have recently started using my make recipes to initiate an
interactive PostgreSQL shell with the same set of arguments that I'm
using elsewhere and reduce some duplication in my code.

I'm finding that if I use ctrl-c to exit pgsql (and therefore make as
well) that my terminal appears to end up in a no-echo mode for some
reason. I definitely have this problem when using bmake/pmake under
Linux, I haven't confirmed whether this also is the case under NetBSD at
this point (I will do so tonight).

I am able to restore my terminal with 'reset' or 'stty sane' however
when I add these to rules within my Makefile they appear to be triggered
by make but by the time it finishes, the terminal is back to its broken
state.

I know make isn't designed to drive interactive commands, so this isn't
a gripe about that per se, but I am curious to know what I can do about
it. Does anyone have ideas?

So far I've added a trap to the shell script on exit to run 'reset'
after the pgsql command exits, however as noted above, although my
terminal clears, the problem persists.

Regards,
Malcolm

--