Re: Ways to report trace when boot panics [Was NetBSD 7.0 i386 panic during boot]

    Date:        Mon, 12 Oct 2015 10:31:32 +0530
    From:        Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost>

  | Even nicer if such device could be a smartphone, which can make it
  | convenient to collect data, just from ease point of view.

Yes, that would work also, but would need someone able to make
the phone's USB port implement the correct protocol and identify
itself appropriately.    Here we find mostly NetBSD developers,
not those for Android or IOS...

For what it is worth, if anyone were to do this, ideal would be to make
it a parallel console, always available (assuming the relevant code is
compiled, or linked, into the kernel) whenever a suitable console type
device is connected to a USB port - ie: not as a boot time option, or
similar as is done with traditional serial consoles.

It is also worth being clear, that this is something that might (or might
not) be possible to provide at some unknown future time, and even if possible,
might never happen - it is of no relevance to current problems.

kre