Re: Fwd: Problems installing NetBSD 7.0

pettai%nordu.net@localhost (Fredrik Pettai) writes:

>Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> http://phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=BSD-Linux-Late-2015

>The installation of NetBSD 7.0 didn?t work smooth for the author of this article,
>and the same happened for another sysadmin I know.
>Someone should have a look at this to see if this could be fixed.

This here doesn't look like it can be fixed quickly.

The TSC code has issues with the Haswell-EP, maybe harmless.

USB failed completely, maybe interrupt routing or conflicting USB3 that we
don't see on the screen.

A wd device is found but cannot be accessed, that might even not be
the system disk. If that's server hardware (and Haswell-EP tells this)
then it probably has some RAID controller that we don't even
recognize.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost