Re: Xvnc startup problem

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015, Steve Blinkhorn wrote:
Getting interface configuration (4): Device not configured

It's probably trying to fiddle with a bit of hardware that isn't actually there. That message "Device not configured" is probably coming from perror() out of libc somewhere. It's the same message you'd get doing an ifconfig on an ethernet interface that doesn't exist or trying to poke a disk device that isn't there. Check your vnc configuration. I use the tightvncserver out of pkgsrc all the time under NetBSD. I know it works as both a client and server. Make sure there are no devices that are being referenced that don't exist.

Thanks,
  Swift