Re: If NetBSD can run Linux binaries, can it run Android apps?

> John Nemeth wrote:
> > On Sep 30, 11:04pm, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> > } Subject: If NetBSD can run Linux binaries, can it run Android apps?
> >
> >      Not likely.
> >
> > } And if not, why not?
> >
> >      Android consists of a heck of a lot more then just a Linux kernel.
> >
> > }-- End of excerpt from Ottavio Caruso
>
> I was considering the same question today, but for FreeBSD,
> as I might need to try to extend support to a newer Adobe Acrobat, perhaps
> from Android. (My reason: http://berklix.com/~jhs/txt/ct600.html )
> I hope to avoid it though, Acrobat is loathsome.
>
> But it would be nice if the BSDs had ABI support for Android, is
> there a central mail list/ web page/ person that focuses
> discussion on that or a list of URLs ?

PS Another mail list reminded me with Android we'd also need touch
& multi touch support.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix C Sys Eng Consultant Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply after previous text, like a play - Not before, which loses context.