RAIDframe changes its unit number

Hi,

these days I have set up a Synology DS209j with a RAID-1 kernelized RAIDframe,
using the components /dev/wd0a and /dev/wd1a.

All worked well, so I started to test some failure scenarios.

Disconnecting wd0 was fine and the system boots from wd1a with "component0
failed".

Then I replaced wd0 with another disk, which previously also has been
auto-configured as /dev/raid0 during some tests, but is otherwise completely
different. Now the system started with /dev/raid0 and /dev/raid1, where
both showed a failed component.

Ok, I realized my error and zeroed wd0's MBR and disklabel. But after a
reboot my RAIDframe was still auto-configured as /dev/raid1, although raid0
no longer existed! Even disconnecting wd0 didn't change that.

And, even worse, when I connect my original wd0a component again I get
raid0 with wd0a and failed component1, and raid1 with wd1a and failed
component0.

Is it possible to change the "Last configured as..." setting on wd1 back
to raid0? Or do I have to reconstruct wd1 from wd0 now?

And wouldn't it be nice to fix RAIDframe, so that a previous /dev/raid1
is automatically configured as /dev/raid0 again, when raid0 does not exist
in the system? Or doesn't that make sense for some reason?

Regards,

--
Frank Wille