Re: How do I start mixerctl as first daemon?

=> On Mon, 28 Sep 2015, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
=>
=>> Can I alter the init sequence to make mixerctl start as first daemon?
=>
=> See the special tags at the top of the rc.d scripts, like PROVIDE,
=> REQUIRE, KEYWORD, and BEFORE.
=>
=> Try adding a # BEFORE: line in the mixerctl rc.d script, for example:
=>
=> # BEFORE:  DAEMON
=>
=> Look at output from:
=>
=>   rcorder /etc/rc.d/*
=>
=> Adjust BEFORE to get mixerctl to happen earlier.
=>
=> (Look at other rc.d scripts to get some ideas.)
=>

   However, this can easily be undone by your next upgrade. You might
consider creating a new /etc/rc.d script which has a REQUIRES entry for
mixerctl and a BEFORE entry for whatever is making the noise. That
should inject the proper ordering, and since it is a new file it won't
get overwritten by a "standard" version later.

                                   Gary Duzan