Re: more on samba4

On 9/16/2015 12:21 PM, Ezequiel Reyes Aragon wrote:
Hi all, I just installed samba version 4 on netbsd (binary packages), I configured everything as explained, but I noticed there is no samba binary in /usr/pkg/sbin as per documentation, only smbd, nmbd and winbindd there. At the end of the instalation with pkg_add, a text appears telling me to run "/etc/rc.d/samba start" for a domain controller and the other 3 daemons for any other type of configuration (properly defined in /etc/rc.conf of course). But the samba daemon seems not to be present anywhere. Is there anyone using samba 4 in netbsd? I just noticed there is a /etc/rc.d/samba script, but reading inside it, the script mentions the samba non-existent daemon and so does all netbsd related documentation I have found. So, was samba 4 compiled with domain controller functionality disabled in netbsd for some reason?
thanks in advance

It looks like that is explicitly disabled in the default build, probably because including it would pull in additional dependencies on ldap libraries. It's too bad that the pre-built packages can't be provided with a more complete configuration, but it looks like you'll need to build it yourself. Fortunately, that should be fairly easy if time consuming, probably something like:
  tar --xz -xpf pkgsrc.tar.xz
  cd pkgsrc/net/samba4
  make PKG_OPTIONS.samba4=ads install

See also https://wiki.netbsd.org/pkgsrc/how_to_use_pkg_options_with_pkgsrc/