Re: question; how to build individual userland programs on NetBSD 7-RC3 ?

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 08:58:22AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> The officialy sanctioned way is to create tools upfront (e.g. by runing
> "build.sh tools" or a variant of that) and use nbmake-$arch from the
> $TOOLDIR/bin/ directory created by that step.

Actually you will need more - one of the benefits of this version is that
you may build arbitrary source tree versions on arbitrary host versions,
so the header and libs do not need to be the same.

But this means "build.sh tools" is not enough, a full "build.sh build"
is required (which, of course, includes the tool step). Maybe we should
create a "build.sh libs-and-includes" ?

Martin