Re: 6.1.5 amd64 and hot swapping drives?

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 06:59:04AM +1000, Carl Brewer wrote:

> I have a LAN server running 6.1.5 amd64, on a Gigabyte GA-B75m-D3H
> motherboard (no eSATA port, I think).  I want to hook up a cheap esata
> drive caddy to it and do big backups onto hard drives on it if possible.

Not sure if that is your question, but you can get SATA cables with stock
(internal) SATA connector on one side and eSATA connector on the other.
You might need to remove a slot cover to run the cable out, but otherwise
no big deal.

The cables are pretty cheap too (as there is no electronics included).

Martin