Re: PAM issues

On August 23, 2015 10:38:12 AM EDT, "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost> wrote:

>I have a public-key from the Q6600 in my /root/.ssh/authorized_keys
>file, but I still get errors trying to SSH in. My PAM files are
>box-stock, as is/are my sshd config file(s). Any clues as to how to get
>
>this to work appreciated. TIA & have a nice weekend.

Since you haven't changed the sshd config in /etc/ssh, then the default is to refuse root logins.  You'll need to edit that, then restart sshd.
Or, a slightly better option would be to create and push your backups to a non-root user, so a compromise one one box doesn't automatically result in root on the other.

Eric