NetBSD as virtualbox guest

After failing to get qemu (running on debian stable) to install a *bsd guest with resultant networking that um worked, I have begun to take a look at virtualbox.

The supported guests page mentions Free- and Open- BSD as supported, but I don't see NetBSD.

https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03.html#guestossupport

My instinct at this juncture is to try OpenBSD first before wandering into what is for me uncharted territory; this is my first rodeo with virtualbox.

Has anyone used NetBSD as a virtualbox guest on linux?

Suggestions/comments/excoriations/diatribes all welcome!

Mucho thanks,

--
Bob Bernstein