Re: Wheel behaviour

On 22 August 2015 at 00:28, Bob Bernstein <poobah%ruptured-duck.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2015, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>
>> Maybe you forgot to set up a root password?
>

> Exactly right.

In which case this is possibly a security bug. It never happened to me
with Netbsd, but once I installed Slackware and forgot to set the root
password. I created a standard user, tried to escalate to "su" and it
wouldn't let me log in.

But Slackware doesn't have the concept of the wheel group (as long as
I remember) and I myself don't like it very much.