Re: Java ME toolchain on NetBSD

On 21 August 2015 at 10:23, Kamil Rytarowski <n54%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

> I have got a new fancy utility with support for Java ME applets.
>
> Is there a way to build j2me 'hello world' application on NetBSD? I
> don't need the newest toolchain, neither IDE with GUI - just plain
> command line compiler is fine.

We have a small J2ME app we're still supporting under PhoneME on
Windows Mobile devices.

For building we just use openjdk8 with source & target set to 1.3. It
works well enough, providing you avoid String.isEmpty() and suchlike,
which will build fine but fail to run on the target device.

  <target name="compile">
    <!-- The client needs to run under PhoneMe on Windows Mobile
         devices, which is a subset of the J2SE 1.3 stack
    -->
    <mkdir dir="${build.dir}" />
    <javac destdir="${build.dir}"
           debug="true"
           fork="true"
           memoryInitialSize="512m"
           memoryMaximumSize="1024m"
           source="1.3"
           target="1.3">
      <src path="src" />
      <compilerarg value="-Xbootclasspath/p:${bootstrap.class.path}"/>
      <compilerarg value="-proc:none" />
      <!-- <compilerarg value="-Xlint:deprecation" /> -->
    </javac>
  </target>