Re: I/O question

On 08/04/15 07:56, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
On 08/04/15 04:56, Ian Clark wrote:
On 28 July 2015 at 23:52, William A. Mahaffey III <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost> wrote:

[anip]
The RAID in question has 4 active drives, 1 parity drive & 1 spare, created from identical ~900 GiB partitions on each of 6 7200 RPM 1 TB SATA3 HDD's.
What are your partition values (for the underlying drives), it sounds
like these aren't aligned correctly.

(I have a 3x2TB SATA HDs in raid5 and your above command runs in 3 seconds.

Cheers,

Ian

I attach diskabel info from the install process for 1 of the six drives. This output was created during the scripted setup & is identical for all 6 drives except for HDD names. If you need more info, please don't hesitate.

Anything on this, anyone ? I thought I had done everything carefully correct, but apparently not .... *Any* clues appreciated :-/ ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.