Re: NetBSD 7.0_RC1 on Raspberry Pi : reboots on poweroff

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 08:42:45PM -0500, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
> The raspberry pi does not have a mechansism for the software to
> power off the hardware.  Thus, all of "poweroff", "halt",
> "shutdown -h" and "shutdown -p" will end up at the "press any
> key to reboot" message.
>
> Yes, it sucks.  But it is a side effect of the "power supply" in
> use.

The problem is more due to voluntary reboot after reaching the reboot
prompt.  Because of this behavior, if I am running pi headless, I can
never be sure when to pull the plug. Due to this my FS crashed many times
till now requiring reinstalling image. (Having a separate thread on why
fsck didn't help...)

On Raspbian I never faced this problem. Probably Raspbian also drops to
reboot prompt (do not recollect now), but it does not reboot, making it
safe to wait for a minute or two and pull the plug.

Mayuresh.