Re: Installer kernel does not boot on macbook pro mid 2010

On 09/07/15 01:14, Greg Troxel wrote:

> You might try netbsd-6 and netbsd-5, to see if anything is different.  A
> shot in the dark, but relatively easy to test.
>
> I've booted April-ish netbsd-7 on a 2008 Macbook Pro 15" and that is ok.

Hi,

thanks Greg for your help!

I've just tried with no success the following cdrom.iso :

http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201507081110Z/amd64/installation/cdrom/boot.iso
http://ftp.fr.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-6.1.5/amd64/installation/cdrom/boot.iso
http://ftp.fr.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-6.0/amd64/installation/cdrom/boot.iso
http://ftp.fr.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-5.2/amd64/installation/cdrom/boot.iso

All "stop" during kernel boot (of the installer cdrom)

Is there a way to debug the kernel on the cdrom?
Any "debug enabled" cdrom? Which would print a stack trace, or allow
debugging via UDP + gdb?

uart debugging would not be possible as I don't have RS-232 port on the
macbook pro unfortunately :/

any idea appreciated :)

Thanks!

Regards,