Re: NetBSD 7.0_RC1

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 11:08:39AM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> On Jul 2,  3:40pm, 76nemo76%gmx.ch@localhost (76nemo76%gmx.ch@localhost) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: NetBSD 7.0_RC1
>
> | Here is the error I get when I try to compile with the option
> | "-march=native".
> |
> | ----------------------------------file /etc/mk.conf-------------------
> | # Example /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf file produced by bootstrap-pkgsrc
> | # Ven jui 19 14:03:43 CEST 2015
> |
> | #MKPIE=                  yes
> | #USE_SSP=                yes
> | #USE_FORT=               yes
> |
> | CFLAGS +=               -O3 -march=native
>
> This is not related to PIE; I think you mean -mtune=native, not -march-native.
>
> christos
Hello,

Yes that true. I have stopped to play with PIE since it does not work currently.
But I plan to use this parameter when I will compile again in PIE mode.

If I remember well "-mtune=native" is to have instructions well adapted
to architecture but still working on other architecture while "-march=native"
will force instructions specific to an architecture (and potentially invalid on an other).

Anyway, this parameter is independant from PIE and can be used when
compiling in PIE mode. It would be then nice if it works.

thanks for your help,

kind regards,

Alan