Prepping to install: a digression

I found 2 different online man pages describing the raidctl utility under NetBSD 6:

http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?raidctl+8+NetBSD-6.0.1
http://www.unix.com/man-page/netbsd/8/raidctl/

Both describe 4 RAID levels available under raidframe: 0, 1, 4, 5. However, the pages both say RAID5 is distributed parity, RAID4 is parity on last drive. This conflicts w/ my (ongoing) experience trying to setup a RAID5 & also w/ observations made onlist. Which is right, the list & I or those lying man pages ? TIA & have a good one.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.