Re: Prepping to install

You can download the USB installer from ftp://ftp%ftp.netbsd.org@localhost/pub/NetBSD/images/6.1.5/NetBSD-6.1.5-amd64-install.img.gz . Uncompress it and dd it onto a USB stick.

I don't quite get your setup; although I have a few systems installed and booting from RAID1 I tend now to consider the OS an easy bit to recover and leave the more complex configurations for the data disks. You can get a shell prompt while doing the installation; various bits and pieces have been changed through the years as to what is actually available and usable at this stage - this being one of the reasons I prefer simple setups.

Chavdar Ivanov