Re: Protocol preference - ipv4 vs ipv6

On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 04:39:02PM +0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
> More specifically, if I 'ftp ftp.netbsd.org' what causes it to try ipv6
> first, and use ipv4 as a fall back?

I had the problem in the past and suggested a /etc/resolv.conf based
solution, but people think this is an application problem and should
be solved differently (e.g. Firefox uses "Happy Eyeballs", basically
opening both connections asynchroneously and dropping the one that does
not get established first).

Currently we have no general mechanism to controll this, AFAIK.

Martin