Re: Problem with cgdconfig

gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost (Greg Troxel) writes:

>So should I be created two filesystems on each disk, one very small, to
>hold a cgdconfig file, and one large, encrypted?   Or is there some
>other approach?   Are there some standard flags that one should just
>remember and use, so you don't need a config file?

I would guess that most people don't use it for portable disks and
with the system disk you cannot encrypt the root partition, so its
the place where you store the parameter files.

An alternative is to store the data as an encrypted image file
inside another filesystem and then layer cgd on vnd. The outer
filesystem can then also store the parameter file.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost