Re: groff & NetBSD & relevance (was Re: Re: Re: Request to reconsider removal of groff from base system)

> (I would not complain if other obnoxious uses of C++, particularly newly
> added ones that greatly increase build time, left our tree, on the other
> hand...)
>
> Thor

Maybe NetBSD might like how FreeBSD does it:
	https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/Makefile.inc1?revision=280992&view=markup
	.if ${MK_GROFF} != "no"

	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=src.conf&apropos=0&sektion=5&manpath=FreeBSD+10.1-RELEASE&arch=default&format=html
	SRC.CONF(5)		  FreeBSD File Formats Manual		   SRC.CONF(5)
	NAME
	     src.conf -- source	build options
	DESCRIPTION
	     The src.conf file contains	settings that will apply to every build
	     involving the FreeBSD source tree;	see build(7).

I don't see src.conf with
	http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?src.conf+5+NetBSD-current

& I cant browse NetBSD source with eg
	http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/Makefile?rev=1.312&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=HEAD
	http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/Makefile.inc?rev=1.4&content-type=text/plain&only_with_tag=MAIN

So downloading http://ftp7.de.netbsd.org/pub/ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-6.1.5/source/sets/src.tgz

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix C Sys Eng Consultant Munich http://berklix.com
	Indent previous with "> ".	Reply Below as a play script.