Re: /proc inodes filling up in 1 week

On Mar 16, 2015 12:46 PM, "Robert Elz" <kre%munnari.oz.au@localhost> wrote:

>     Date:        Mon, 16 Mar 2015 16:43:57 +0100
>     From:        Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
>
>   | /proc is a pseudo filesystem, I'm not sure the iAvail number is
>   | meaningfull.
>
> I think iAvail + iUsed == kern.maxproc  so if iAvail == 0,
> iUsed == kern.maxproc and the system is running as many processes
> as permitted.
>
> kre

Yeah, what df reports for inodes for proc appears to be related to this sysctl:
# sysctl -e kern.maxproc
kern.maxproc=532

It was strange as I've never seen the original failure happen before, at least not in relation to proc.  The other filesystems were just fine at the time.  Nevertheless, I still failed to acertain the complete story behind my experienced behaviour.  :^/

More testing is required.  Sorry for the incomplete initial post.