Coping with "inoinfo: inumber <n> out of range"?

I've been trying to recover an FFSv1 filesystem that was heavily damaged
after the RAID5 it was on lost a unit and was subsequenntly reconstructed
to a replacement ("aac" RAID controller in Dell PowerEdge 1650).

After untold errors which I told it to continue through, it finally
stopped with:

  inoinfo: inumber 18446744073709551615 out of range

while trying to connect lost files/directories to "lost+found".

The current state of the filesystem is that it appears completely
empty--lacking even "." and "..".  Subsequent runs of "fsck" stop
in the same place with the same error.

Is there any way to get "fsck" to simply ignore/skip the offending
item and proceed with other viable targets?  Or will I need more
sofisticated recovery tools?