Re: dual stack hostside IPv6 config

Am 13. März 2015 15:33:45 MEZ, schrieb Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>:
>You can do something like:
>
>ip6mode=host
>ifconfig_bge0="inet 192.168.1.15; inet6 2001::226:2dff:fe90:46d"
>defaultroute="9.8.7.6"
>defaultroute6="2001::1"
ah, ok,
this seems to fit my needs so far. Will try both variants on a nonproductive machine.

>(the defaultroute6 might need a % specification if link local, like:
>"fe80::226:2dff:fe90:46d1%bge0")
i think not,
it is a "dry" network with a gateway on LAN in the same address segment 2001::xxx:1 and it seems there is no autoconfig, routing nor dhcp service on the net, so static handwork is to do here.

But regarding an autoconfig service i think about offering any kind of a autoconfig service for inet6 in that LAN on a machine which is not the router/gateway (no access to the gw machine) - but i'm new into 6 att and have to further read / experiment with it.

many thanks to you both,

Niels.
--
Niels Dettenbach