Re: Bind ending up in Parked state.

>I hadn't thought of that at all.
>
>I tried -current, that broke the machine rather violently :) ended up in a
>db{6}: prompt without any USB support. After a bit of fiddling around, I
>realized that starting over would probably be the fastest way of going. It

Would be nice to know the trace of that and the steps to reproduce :-)

>is now happily chomping away, with a lot less load on the system overall.
>Without --disable-threads it would ever so often spike all 8 Cores, and it
>wasn't uncommon for it to have a load >2.0 - now it is sitting comfortably
>around 0.32. And it doesn't seem to have any impact on the system.

Still I would like to know what is taking all this time... ktrace it
and then kdump -R to display relative timestamps.

>I still see
>
> 3417 named     43    0   713M  503M parked/5   3:34 19.82% 19.82% named

Hit 't' to switch to the thread view to get more details about what's going
on for each individual thread (for the threaded named).

Best,

christos