Re: Julia on NetBSD?

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

> Why is it doing backtraces recursively?

It seems it catches an exception and attempts to print a backtrace, gets
a SIGSEGV in libexecinfo which is caught by a signal handler where it
attemps again to print a backtrace. It gets a SIGSEGV again for the same
reason, and gives up. I am not sure there is any recursivity at work
there, just a double fault.

>  That makes no sense at all.
> Heck, I went as far as downloading the source, seeing that the ship half
> of a POSIX system and removed the sources again. There is a reason why I
> haven't finished porting libunwind...

For now it has nothing to do with libunwind. The thing just crashes with
backtrace() from libexecinfo. The place where libunwind could be
required is where it prints a backtrace for a given ucontext_t, but that
it not the place where it crashes for now.

If you want to give it another try, here are my patches so far:
http://ftp.espci.fr/shadow/manu/julia-0.3-netbsd-20150223.patch

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz