Re: Why don't I get vesa command at boot prompt [Was NetBSD for the dekstop]

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 04:36:22PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 01:35:38PM +0000, atomicules wrote:
> > bothering with X and just using the framebuffer thanks to mlterm-fb;
>
> I'd like to try out framebuffer. I went to boot prompt to list vesa modes,
> though "vesa list" doesn't work there. Help menu does not show vesa
> command.
>
> This is 6.1 GENERIC kernel on i386.
>
> Tried this on a fairly recent Dell laptop. So I don't think it would be a
> matter of lack of VBE support.

Is the /boot a right version? I am not sure which set it belongs to. I
have not done full install for years and if /boot is not in one of the
sets I install it might be older.

#ls -l /boot
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  60012 Jul  5  2013 /boot

If that speculation is true, is there a safe way to upgrade just /boot to
suit my installation?

Mayuresh.