Re: Julia on NetBSD?

On Feb 21,  4:49am, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
} Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
}
} > Yes, that's the stupid HP interface. Look at libexecinfo/unwind.c how
} > the same can be done with the (much more) portable Itanium ABI.
}
} But a function like _Unwind_GetIP() is private. Do you suggest I should
} modify the package to export it?
}
} Moreover, I can agree an interface can be stupid, but if it is used, it
} is a good idea to support it. Failing to do so means that people porting

     This statement is total nonsense.  We should NOT be supporting
every garbage interface that shows up.

} software to NetBSD must always reinvent the wheel, which is a loss of
} time and an opportunity to introduce bugs.

     The package author shouldn't be using garbage interfaces and
should stick with portable ones.

}-- End of excerpt from Emmanuel Dreyfus