Re: RAID Level 6

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 18:40:03 +0100
BERTRAND Joël <joel.bertrand%systella.fr@localhost> wrote:

> 	Hello,
>
> 	I've seen that sys/dev/raidframe contains some code for raid
> level 6 but I haven't seen any information about raid 6. Is this raid
> level usable ?

Once upon a time I asked a similar question to the original RAIDframe
developers, and IIRC the answer was 'the code is there, and should be
mostly working, but hasn't been well tested'.

I've not tested it at all either, and at this point would not recommend
it for any important data.  (Feel free to experiment with it, and let
us/me know the results though!)

Later...

Greg Oster