Re: NetBSD for the dekstop

On 17.02-15:45, Jukka Marin wrote:
    > On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 06:54:22PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
    > > I use NetBSD on desktops and laptops.
    > >
    > > What specific characteristics do you think NetBSD needs to "bring" it to
    > > desktop? (Also, I didn't get "still" part of it.)
    >
    > Lack of modern, working web browsers was the main reason for me to switch to
    > an other os in desktop use.  Office software is another reason.
    >
    > I still run NetBSD on my router and server, though.

Same here.

I have been using NetBSD as my primary desktop at work and at home
for many years.
But the constant hassle with Browsers/Flash and subtle font problems
with Softmaker Office (Linux emulation) as well as less tolerant
users that depend on the computers I support made me eventually
switch to Linux Mint Debian.

I've been a happy camper since then, although the anouncement of the
switch to systemd makes me shiver!

Even though I wouldn't want to see NetBSD becoming a desktop OS,
I would be happier having NetBSD under the GUI than Linux.

Chris

Christoph Kaegi                                            kach%msw.ch@localhost