Booting woes with two (SSD) disks

I have installed NetBSD hundreds of times, often with Xen.  All these
installs have used been for systems with disk.

Now I am trying to make a new dual-disk system to work with NetBSD under
Xen.  Both 6.1.5 and 7.0-BETA fails, and in the same way.

Disk 1: Boot disk, comntains complete NetBSD system.
Disk 2: To be used by a DomU (FreeBSD).

Without disk 2, everything works.

With disk 2, the system boots as long as /netbsd is used, but when
/xen.gz + /netbsd-XEN3_DOM0 is used, the system no longer boots.

I *think* this started happening after I had dedicated disk 2 to FreeBSD
(which uses a gpt table).  There is no reference to this disk whatsoever
in the current install.  But clearly the boot loader detects it and gets
confused.

Instead of booting, the boot sequence incorrectly determines that the
boot device is "dk0".  The real boot device is wd0.  I hav enever heard
of dk0 before, and I certainly have not configured its use.

This is my /boot.cfg (indentation added here for clarity):

  menu=Boot normally:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd
  menu=Boot single user:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd -s
  menu=Disable ACPI:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd -2
  menu=Disable ACPI and SMP:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd -12
  menu=Boot Xen 1:load /netbsd-XEN3_DOM0 console=pc; multiboot /xen.gz dom0_mem=1024M
  menu=Drop to boot prompt:prompt
  default=5
  timeout=5
  clear=1

Please help.  Can I run Xen + NetBSD on this system?

Sysinfo:

uname -a
NetBSD martin.gmplib.org 6.1.5 NetBSD 6.1.5 (XEN3_DOM0) amd64

/proc/cpuinfo:
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 14
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v2 @ 3.50GHz
stepping        : 4
cpu MHz         : 3500.8
fdiv_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : no
flags           : fpu vme de tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm

(This cpuinfo is from a Xen-booted system, i.e., with disk 2 pulled out.)

--
Torbjörn
Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622