Re: ntpd not correcting system time, offset keeps increasing

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 06:43:10PM -0700, scar wrote:
> ntpd does not seem to be doing it's job.  i have Ver. 4.2.6p5 installed
> on 6.1.5 and after 51 days of uptime, the system clock is 5 minutes
> behind and the offset just keeps increasing.  ntpdate seems to work fine
> when the system boots, but ntpd just isn't maintaining the time after boot.
>
> here is my ntpd.conf:  http://pastebin.com/EbxzPBw7
>
> i noticed /var/db/ntp.drift doesn't exist which sounds important to keep
> the time maintained....
>
> # ntpq -p
>      remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset
> jitter
> +Maggie.Telcom.A 132.163.4.102    2 u    6   64  377    0.455  297275.
> 19.763
> #

You have
tos             minsane 2

but it looks like you have only one server. I guess ntpd won't use it
because you tell it you want at last 2 servers with the same time to sync.
Changing this line to
tos             minsane 1
should fix it.