Re: Impossible to login (after NIS client setup)

Hello,

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 15:48:04 +0100
Rocky Hotas wrote:

> https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-misc.html#chap-misc-forgot-root-password
>
> after running the suggested previous commands successfully, the
> output of "fsck -u /usr" was

I assume -u above is just typo in email

> fsck: cannot get disklabel for '/usr': Inappropriate ioctl for device
>
> and "mount /usr" failed saying "unknown special file or file system".

Do you have /usr on separate filesystem, or everything under /? Above
errors are what I get if I try to fsck/mount normal directory.

In any case, even without /usr, if you have / mounted, you should be
able to edit your rc.conf and whatever other configuration files you
need with /rescue/vi

(I do hope this gets sent only once, there were some problems with my
sending setup...)