Re: Peculier raidframe problems

On 12/19/14 15:10, Greg Oster wrote:
On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 15:03:48 +0000
Dave Tyson <dtyson%anduin.org.uk@localhost> wrote:

On 12/19/14 00:49, Greg Troxel wrote:
  > Does dmesg show any disk errors?  Can you dd from the disk
  > to /dev/null without errors?

No disk errors reported. I started a dd of /dev/rwd1d to /dev/nulland
this was over halfway through when the UPS threw a wobbler and caused
a reboot. When the system came back raid0 showed both disks optimal.

No idea why the problem arose or how it fixed itself - but I'll take
fs dump to tape which should flush out any problems...

Sorry for the noise!
Hmmmmm.... it shouldn't just 'fix' itself like that..... I'd do a
'rebuild-in-place' ('raidctl -R')  on whatever component was last to
join... otherwise you run the risk of at some point reading in corrupt
data...

Later...

Greg Oster

Hmm. I did a rebuild in place for /dev/wd1a which was OK, but after a shutdown and reboot its marked as failed again :-( A full dump of the filesystems on raid0 was fine and the block counts are about what is expected.

I think it might be easier to restore the dump to a spare disk, boot off that having marked raid0 as non-autoroot and destroy/recreate it and then restore the fiesystems. Unless there is anything else worth trying...

Cheers,
Dave

Phone: 07805784357
Open Source O/S: www.netbsd.org