Re: bktr : unable to tune (fwd)

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 09:33:15PM -0500, Andy Ball wrote:
>     Does the set-top-box have a composite video
> output that you could feed to your video capture
> card?  Besides not having to tune the channel,
> you would avoid two conversions (baseband to RF
> and back again) that would adversely impact
> picture quality.

Yes, I mentioned in OP. Composite works with the card. I was trying RF for
various reasons:

Firstly, I'd normally connect composite to the TV and try to stream RF,
Normal usage of STB is still with the TV.

Secondly, this card is not having a hardware mpeg encoder. It just has an
audio pass-through so it's better to connect audio to sound card line-in.
That way I am not too sure about A/V sync when encoding with software. In
case of RF, audio should come embedded in the signal and (hopefully) sync
will be better than the above arrangement.

Another minor issue is, the length of the cable. I got a long enough (6ft)
RF cable made that is needed for my setup, but not finding a long enough
RCA cable to connect A/V. But I am looking for it.

Mayuresh.